How to Uninstall League of Legends?
Change is inevitable and nothing lasts forever. There comes a point in some gamers’ lives where they have to walk away from a game that they passionately love. Don’t worry, we don’t judge the reason why you would want to uninstall LOL. We’re simply going to help you uninstall League of Legends properly, as a lot of gamers struggle with it.
Before we start with our guide to uninstall League of Legends, make sure that you aren’t using a third party or a special uninstaller tool. A lot of these third party softwares are generally scammers that will only risk your computer by putting malware on them. You don’t need them to uninstall or download this beautiful game you are walking away from.
So here’s how to uninstall League of Legends from your PC
Most Windows gamers need Windows 10 to be able to run LOL on their machine. So let’s start with that, as it is extremely easy to uninstall the game from your Windows 10 machine.
- Open the start menu and type ‘add or remove programs’. You will see a gear shaped icon. Click on the icon to remove League of Legends from your machine.
- Right in the middle of the ‘add or remove programs' tool is a search bar. Type League of Legends in here.
- Once you select League of Legends, click on the uninstall button to continue. To ensure you are sure about uninstalling LoL, Windows 10 will ask you to confirm your choice. Press the new uninstall button to uninstall the game from your computer.
- Just to be doubly sure, check the C drive or the drive where your League of Legends game was, and delete any old setup files and folders for the game.
That is all it takes to uninstall League of Legends from your computer. If at any point you face any issues with uninstalling LoL, we recommend you contact Riot’s or Microsoft’s customer support. These steps always work when it comes to uninstalling League of Legends from your machine. So if for some reason they aren't’ working for you, it means that there’s something wrong with the configuration of your machine. Get in touch with Microsoft for support and they will help you uninstall the game.
For MAC users, we have mentioned below how you can easily uninstall League of Legends from your machine.
How to uninstall League of Legends from your MAC Device
- Open your ‘Applications’ folder (shortcut: Command Key + Shift + G and type in :/Applications/)
- Drag the League of Legends icon from the ‘Applications’ folder to the ‘Trash Can’ sign on the dock.
- Now, punch in Command Key + Shift + C. Then go to Macintosh HD/ Users/ Shared/Riot Games and drag this folder to the Trash can as well.
- On the top bar, click on ‘Finder’, then select the ‘Empty Trash Can’ option.
- Once you confirm emptying the trash, you will have uninstalled League of Legends from your Mac Machine. There’s no config files that you will have to delete or look for, like you would if you were using a Windows computer.
As you may realize by this point, uninstalling League of Legends is not rocket science. On the contrary, if anything, the process is extremely straightforward, simple and does not take more than a few minutes of your time. So do not fall for all third party uninstallers. They will definitely not help you, and most likely, they will make the situation worse by giving you Malware. The steps mentioned above help you in uninstalling the game from your machine. You can always reinstall the game to resume from where you last started. These steps do not help in deleting your LOL account.
Here’s how you delete your League of Legends account
- To delete your League of Legends account, use this link. Once you are on this link, you will have to sign in to your account. The account deletion process needs the user to send a ticket to Riot Games and request deletion of the account.
- Okay, so back to once you have signed in, select the ‘Choose a Request’ option in the center. Then pick the ‘I have a question about my League of Legends/Riot Games’.
- A request form should pop up on the next screen. The following information will be required to delete your League of Legends account.
- Account Name - Summoner Name - Server on which you access LOL - Email address linked with your account - Last IP Address used for your account - Location (City and Country) - ISP (Internet Service Provider details) - Information on whether you have purchased an RP Account (Riot Points)
Once you are done filling up the form, it takes up to 15 days for your League of Legends account to be deleted. So give it some time, as all the steps from your end have been carried out. Riot’s support team will now delete your League of Legends account.
See also: How Many People Play League of Legends?